Season opened - LituanicaX
16th September, 2023 The Lituanica X Robotics season will open at the Vilnius Jesuit Gymnasium. The event opens at 13:00 and ends at 16:00. The Lituanica X Robotics Season Opening Event is free of charge and is expected to attract up to 300 participants and guests. We are very much looking forward to welcoming our sponsored team from Ukraine to the Lituanica X Robotics Season Opening Event. It would be a great training for them before various upcoming competitions. Everyone is welcome to come to the event - only pre-registration is required. We will announce it a little later.
Preliminary programme of the event:
- First Tech Challenge (FTC) Robotics Demonstration Competition. We invite you to have a look at the highlights of the Lituanica X competition in the Netherlands
- First Global Challenge (FGC) Robotics Demonstration Competition. "Lituanica X team's performance at the competition in Switzerland
- FRC (First Robotics Competition) class robot presentation. Lituanica X is still planning to compete with these robots. Such competitions are open to mega-robots up to 2 m in size. Just take a look!
- LEGO Robotics Lightning Competition for First Lego League (FLL) teams
- A chance to try out the Goldberg machine
- Several presentations (5-10 min): Justina Klyvienė on the process of generating ideas for FLL innovation projects, Matas Čiuželis on the trends in robotics progress.
About Lituanica X team:
- Lituanica X is a Lithuanian team in robotics competitions. Lithuanian robotics team "Lituanica X" was created in 2018. The team competes in different robotics leagues of FIRST movement (firstinspires.org). The biggest achievement so far - golden medal in unofficial world robotics olimpic games "First Global Challenge" in 2022. The team unites motivated families from different towns.
- Lituanica X sends to FIRST Global Challenge 2023 in Singapore team dominated by girls. We hope it will set example for all technology-passioned girls.
- 15 March 2023. Lituanica X awarded the highest award of Lithuanian capital Vilnius given to school students! The award was given by the mayor on the Independence day.
- 9 March 2023. Lituanica X presented lecture on robotics during the biggest online lessons project „Mokonomika“! Hundreds thousands of viewers joins the lessons each year.
- 4 February 2023. “Engineering Day” and FIRST Lego League regional event organized by Lituanica X gathered more than hundred future engineers and inventors in Vilnius!
- 2022/2023. Representing Lithuania in First Tech Challenge European competition in the Netherlands. Winners of league meeting in Delft!
- 2022. Winners of First Global Challenge. First Global Challenge is world robotics olimpic games for school students. It was organized in Geneva in October 2022. "Lituanica X" represented Lithuania in First Robotics Championship in Houston in April 2022
- 2022. Best Lithuanian First Lego League team
Lituanica X, or in short - LTX, is a lithuanian robotics team established in 2018. The team participates in a variety of programs and competitions, most of which are organized by FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology). The team unites motivated families from different cities and towns in Lithuania. Main engineers of the team are young students ranging from 4th to 11th grade at the time. Based on their skills and decisions they can participate in different events evolving in difficulty and complexity over time.
The youngest engineers can participate in FLL (First Lego League) in which they construct robots out of lego components and program them to complete relatively simple tasks. More experienced students build robots for FGC (First Global Competition) and FTC (First Tech Challenge). The events require a lot more skills and abilities as well as time and finances. While FGC robots are constructed from a fixed kit of parts, FTC robots required us to not only design, but also manufacture the needed parts ourselves. Our team uses Computer Aided Design (CAD) softwares, 3D printing, laser cutting, sheet bending and many other means necessary to achieve the goal we have in mind. In the future, we have plans to participate in the hardest competition FIRST® offers - FRC (First Robotics Competition). The robots are massive in this event, reaching 2 meters in height when fully extended. The tasks of all competitions change and get more complicated every season.
Our biggest achievement as a team is the gold medal at the unofficial world robotics olympic games "First Global Challenge" in 2022. We became world champions and our robot managed to completely outperform all other robots from far stronger teams from all around the world. The team keeps moving forward. We are expanding the number of members we have, we participate in more and much more complicated events and create projects of completely new level. The main objective and goal of our team is to spread the importance of robotics and engineering in Lithuania and encourage youngsters to become interested in this field of science.